Dear Gentle Readers,
William and I are celebrating our 37th wedding anniversary this weekend. I thought it might be good time to give you young ones an insight or two.
1. Never begin speaking to your spouse with the words "YOU IDIOT," no matter what.
2. Marriage is a job. You have to work at it. The hours are long. The rewards are fantastic.
3. You must give 100%, both of you.
4. Decide that failure is not an option.
5. Throw the desire "to win" and "to be right" out the window. Your happiness depends on it.
6. Be honest, but keep your spouse's feelings in mind. Vicious, nastily-stated honesty is cruel.
Okay, sweeties, enough wisdom from the old girl today. Have a great weekend.